Microsoft Flight Simulator is based on a flight simulation developed by Asobo Studio and released by Xbox Game Studios. The game marks the series return after a 14-year sabbatical.
Development begins six years before release. On August 18, 2020, it was released for Microsoft Windows with a VR version (Virtual Reality) released in December of the same year.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is the first in a virtual reality version series. The first game in the series has a console version, expected for Xbox Series X and Series S in mid-2021 and Xbox One on an unspecified date. Read this Microsoft Flight Simulator Review.
Flight Simulator has a physics engine that provides realistic flight control surfaces with over 1000 simulated surfaces and wind over hills and mountains. Some websites are handmade and appear in site-specific updates.
Azure AI also includes real-time elements such as natural weather and air traffic to enhance realism. New additions include landing difficulties and helper features, and safaris where players can snap aerial photographs of animals. A clear difference from the other items in the series is that no destruction scenes show in the game.
Earn Your Wings
Aircraft: Improve your flight skills on a wide range of aircraft, from light to commercial aviation, with complete aircraft models. The cockpits of each aircraft are detailed and precise, with real instruments.
- New checklist: Take your level from Pro to beginner, from full manual to full support with a selected, interactive instrument guide and list.
Test Your Skills
- Live Weather: With the new weather engine, users can enable Live Weather mode to experience real-time weather, including exact wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, rain, and more.
- New day and night machine: Experience flying at any time of the day or year, given night VFR, visual flight rules, and navigation.
- Aerodynamic modeling: A cutting physics engine with over 1000 control surfaces per level provides a truly remarkable experience.
The deluxe edition includes all Microsoft Flight Simulators plus five more precision aircraft with unique aircraft models and five more handmade international airports.
The World is Close
Landscapes with vivid and detailed detail: Immerse yourself in our planet’s vast and beautiful universe, which also includes over 37,000 airports, 1.5 billion buildings, 2 billion trees, mountains, roads, rivers, and much more.
- Living World: The Earth is constantly changing, just like the world in Microsoft Flight Simulator, including live traffic, real-time weather, and animals.
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2021 Free Download
- Press the Window key on the keyboard (Windows symbol key) and type “Store” to open the Microsoft Store application. Select open from the menu.
- Click the three-point menu at the top right of the screen to open the drop-down menu.
- Select My Library from the drop-down menu.
- Select Microsoft Flight Simulator from the list and press install to start the installation process.
- Once the program installs, click start to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Free Microsoft Flight Simulator
The latest set includes a new day and night engine that allows players to fly at any time of the day and a new scalable check listing system for beginners or professionals with instrument management and checklists before take-off. Microsoft Flight Simulator also includes real-time weather, live traffic, and animals worldwide.
Microsoft launches three different versions of Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- The Standard Version costs $ 59.99 with 20 aircraft and 30 airports.
- The Deluxe Edition costs $ 89.99 and includes five more aircraft and five more airports.
- Premium Deluxe Edition consists of 10 additional flights and 10 additional airports and costs $ 119.99. Airports such as San Francisco or London Heathrow are closed behind the Premium Edition, while Chicago O’Hare and Amsterdam Schiphol airports are deluxe.
Flight Simulator Free downloads as part of Xbox Game Pass for PC.
System Requirements for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS2020 is an exciting title that you get the best experience. At least one Ryzen 3 1200 or Intel i5 4460 processor is required. Plus 8 GB RAM and 150 GB free storage space. For graphics cards, at least one AMD Radeon RX 570 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 describe in detail.
Since the closed beta version, the game runs between 30-40 FPS in 4K and Ultra with the fastest graphics cards. The trailer below shows that airports and aircraft designs to provide excellent precision are recorded in real-time in UHD.
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2021 Steam
Fly highly detailed and accurate aircraft with light aircraft and jumbo jets in the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Therefore, in a dynamic and alive universe, put your piloting talents to the test against the obstacles of night flight, real-time atmospheric modeling, and live weather.
Create your aircraft anywhere in the world. Microsoft Flight Simulator contains 20 highly detailed aircraft with unique models and 30 handmade airports.
Microsoft Flight Simulator VR
It was designed from scratch to achieve three main goals:
Microsoft Flight Simulator is now fully compatible with PC VR headsets. Simmers also offers the new simulator the deep and most complete virtual flying experience to date. As we continue developing the simulation and adding more features, virtual reality to Microsoft Flight Simulator resulted from feedback from the society.
We aim to reach as many VR members as possible with this release. To achieve this goal, we have worked to make this free update compatible with a wide range of compatible devices, including most Windows Mixed Reality headphones, Oculus, Valve, and HTC. To use VR, ensure you have the most recent version of Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2021 PS4
Microsoft Flight Simulator will not release on the PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 4. However, the game is likely to work well on a console. As mentioned above, it is available on Xbox systems; Flight Simulator was released by Xbox Game Studios, making it exclusive to PC and Xbox formats.
Asobo Studios, who worked previously on A Plague Tale: Innocence, developed the game. However, the rights to the series are owned by Microsoft, so it will not release on PS5 / PS4.