Media Remote PS5 Review | Use the Multimedia Remote Control
We're an Amazon Affiliate Associates
We earn through Amazon Affiliate Commission. The link you click will redirect you to amazon. After buying through our link, we will earn some commission. We hope you love our recommended products.
Updated: July 5, 2021
Sony Playstation 5 Media Remote offers a wide range of multimedia features, including several essential streaming applications and services, as well as the ability to play Ultra HD Blu-ray discs. However, controlling media playback with a game controller is painful because it is difficult to remember which buttons perform which functions.
A traditional remote control makes it easier to watch your favorite content, and this is where the PS5 multimedia remote control comes in handy. Read this Media Remote PS5 Review.
Sony PS5 Media Remote Manual
It’s a slightly curved white wall with a black band around the edge that matches the PS5’s white sides and black center. It measures 5.7″ by 1.6″ in height and length, respectively, and only just 0.8 “at the thickest point.
The keys are flat and have a sparse design, especially around the navigation panel. The remote control has a sizeable plus-shaped navigation bar with four narrow directional buttons around a small circular confirmation button.
It’s great to navigate menus, but the individual buttons are slightly annoying compared to the sizeable clickable navigation boxes on the remote controls for Amazon Fire TV Stick and chrome cast with Google TV. Fortunately, even if the buttons are small, the plus design is easy to find.
The TV’s on / off, silent, and volume buttons are found above the navigation panel and a microphone button to use the PS5’s voice control functions. The navigation panels are for the game and menu buttons, including exceptional service buttons for Disney +, Netflix, SPOTIFY, and YouTube. Finally, a tiny PlayStation logo at the bottom of the push-button controls serves as a home switch.
Connect and Use the Multimedia Remote Control
It is easy to connect to the remote control. Go to the PS5 menu, select accessories, and then Media Remote. You are bringing about to hold down two buttons on the remote control to put it in pairing mode. After a few seconds, the remote control is joined to the system, and you can also control the menus directly and even turn it on from standby, just like the Dual Sense game control.
The Media Remote controls work just fine, so you can easily control the multimedia features of the PS5 with a traditional remote control (instead of a gamepad that is difficult to play). I switched between the different system menus and looked at the content libraries in the various applications.
Dedicated service buttons also work well, and you can switch to Disney +, Netflix, or YouTube at the touch of a button. The TV control buttons also work well, and you can adjust the volume on the TV without using a separate remote control.
An Indispensable Accessory for PS5 Multimedia Control
The multimedia remote control offers user-friendly playback controls, volume controls for your TV, and quick access buttons for specific streaming services for the PS5 experience. A typical form factor for the remote control is much easier to use when relaxing on the couch.
PS5 Media Remote Setup
Transparent Console Compatibility
Turn on your PS5 console and use the remote control to navigate menus directly for added convenience.
Adjust the volume and power settings of TVs compatible with the integrated infrared transmitter.
Microphone Button Reserved for Future Use
Internet and PlayStation Network account required. Account-holders must be at least seven years old, and children under 18 years of age must have parental permission. Full terms apply playstation.com/PSN Terms.
A PS5 System Software Update may be required.
“PS5 logo” and “PS5” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. “SONY” is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation. Disney + is a trademark of Disney Enterprises, Inc, used with permission. Netflix is the service brand for Netflix. SPOTIFY is also the service brand for SPOTIFY. YouTube is the service mark of YouTube.
PS5 Media Remote Amazon
- Brand: PlayStation
- Platform: PlayStation 5
- Note: Pending note (4.7 out of 5 stars 2029 ratings)
- Media playback controls: Navigate quickly with built-in buttons to play/pause, rewind the media.
- Perfect Console compatibility: Turn on the PS5 console and navigate menus directly with the remote control for optimal convenience.
- TV settings: Adjust the volume and power settings of TVs compatible with the integrated infrared transmitter. A PS5 system software update may also be required.
PS5 Media Remote in Stock
PS5 shares are already extremely limited in the UK. PlayStation 5 is already not in stock, and as soon as they are available, they will be out soon! Sign up for a message when 2021 orders are filled and other updates. So you don’t miss anything.
- DualSense Wireless Controller PS5 Review
- DualSense Charging Station PS5 | Should I Buy This
- Pulse 3D PS5 Wireless Headset | Price and Release Date
PS5 Media Remote Not Working
We suggest removing the batteries from the remote control for about 1 minute before taking any of the following troubleshooting measures. Then insert the batteries again and observe the polarity (- / +).
If the problem persists, we recommend reading each section of the article using our complete troubleshooting guide.
Our Complete Troubleshooting Guides
Check if the TV works or not.
- Check that the buttons on the TV can be used if the buttons on the TV cannot be used. Go to step 2.
- Check that the on / standby indicator on the front/bottom of the TV lights up.
- Perform a TV reset. If it is due to an external factor such as Network service/data transfer / connected device, it can be improved by restarting the TV,
- Remove external devices to check if external devices affect. Also, disconnect the connected external devices (external USB hard disk drive, HDMI connection device, etc.) and the cables from the TV socket.
Check the remote controls (often)
NOTE! Because each step is a possible solution, you must check the remote control after completing each step.
- Make sure that none of the buttons on the remote control locks.
- Restart the remote control. It’s possible that the remote control won’t function for a while due to a bad battery connection or static electricity.
- Remove the batteries from the remote control.
- Slide open the lid to open it.
- On the remote control, press and hold the power button for three seconds.
- Insert the batteries in the remote control.
- Also, clean the terminals on the remote control.
- The battery terminal of the remote control may be dirty. Remove the batteries and clean the connections to the remote control with a small amount of alcohol, a cotton swab, or a soft cloth. After completing the necessary cleaning service, put them back in the remote control.
- Replace them with new batteries
Make a TV Reset
It can be improved by restarting the TV due to an external factor such as B. Network service/data transfer / connect the device. For Android TV released in 2015 or later: Symptoms may improve if the remote control software is updated. Check the following article to see if there is a software update for the remote control.
Select type of remote control (general)
Infrared (IR) Remote Control
Sony remote controls are dependent on two different communication systems (infrared/wireless). Also, most Sony TV remote controls are IR remote controls.
For information on troubleshooting the infrared remote control, see the following.
The infrared remote control does not work correctly or doesn’t respond at all.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Connect PS5 Media Remote to TV?
- Go to Settings > Accessories > Media Remote > Configure Media Remote and follow the pairing instructions on the screen.
- If automatic pairing fails to work, select configure manually and follow along with the on-screen instructions.
How to Update the TV Software for PS5 Remote Control?
Remove external devices to check if external devices affect. Therefore, disconnect the connected external devices (external USB hard disk drive, HDMI connection device, etc.) and the cables from the TV socket.