Best Nintendo Switch Lite Controller
We're an Amazon Affiliate Associates
We earn through Amazon Affiliate Commission. The link you click will redirect you to amazon. After buying through our link, we will earn some commission. We hope you love our recommended products.
Updated: October 7, 2021
Nintendo Switch Lite is only designed and optimized for portable mode. For this reason, the control units are built-in and cannot be removed as Joy-Cons. The built-in controllers do not support HD Rumble or the IR motion cameras required for motion control. Therefore, you cannot play games that use motion controls, for example: Call Fit Adventure or Fitness Boxing 2. Read this Nintendo Switch Lite Controller.
Best Nintendo Switch Lite Controller
Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons are good controls, but they are expensive. Some of the best third-party switches may be better options. Whether you prefer smaller Joy-Cons or heavier Pro-Controller, everyone has their preferences. If you want a more traditional game control for your Switch and want to spend less money, you have other options. Here are our favorite third-party controllers for Nintendo Switch Lite.
Solid Wireless Controller
It is probably the best third-party switch controller as it is closest to the Nintendo Pro controller. It is wireless and has motion control, 30 hours of battery life, and the same design as the Pro Controller for Switch. As with other PowerA controllers, two AA batteries are also required.
YHT Wireless Joypad Controller for Nintendo Switch
If you need Joy-Cons or need an extra set for multiplayer games, check this pair enough. They turn on and off at the Switch, including motion controls, and even give a bang. Choose from six different color choices.
Wireless Switch Pro Controller for Nintendo
It has a high price, but the Nintendo Pro Controller is still the best traditional game controller for playing Switch games like Splatoon 2 or Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with the utmost precision. The transparent plastic design is strong and extremely comfortable, with ergonomic curves and textured handles on the handles. The pins are durable and soft to the touch, and the buttons on the front are large and click satisfactorily.
One of the control unit’s only faults is the D-pad, solid but not as large or as accurate as some third-party options. Pro Controller also offers support for Full HD motion and vibration control and NFC scanning features in Amiibos.
8BitDo SN30 Pro+
This retro-elegant cushion is a copy of the iconic Super Nintendo control with a light candy design, an impressive D-pad, and eye-catching face buttons. Best of all, the latest SN30 models are available in a range of beautiful Game Boy Pocket-inspired colors. If you want the antique SN30 design with two extra pins and buttons on the shoulders, we recommend that you try the SN30 Pro.
PDP Faceoff Deluxe + Wired Audio Controls
PDP Faceoff Deluxe + Wired Audio Controller is the only one of our best Nintendo Switch controllers that can connect headphones. It means you can dive deeper into Breath of the Wild from the couch or use your gaming headset to chat with friends in games that support built-in voice chat (including Fortnite). It is also a reasonable budget control, with solid plastic construction, good pins and triggers, and practical programmable buttons on the back to allocate extra inputs.
PowerA Enhanced Wireless Controller
If you do not own Nintendo’s $ 70 Pro Controller, the PowerA Enhanced Wireless Controller is the best alternative to Nintendo Switch controllers for less than $ 20. This gamepad has a light but robust design, solid buttons, and analog sticks that we found even softer than the Pro control.
While the PowerA controller has no noise, you still get motion control support for Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. In addition, the updated wireless controller comes in a variety of intelligent color combinations, including licensing options for Mario, Zelda, and Diablo.
Nintendo Switch Lite Controller Features
These wireless switch controllers support 6-axis gyro sensors, automatic suspension and motion control, Turbo, and screen recording. Suppose you play Nintendo motion detection games like The Legend of Zelda, Splatoon 2, etc. This feature will give you a better experience and allow you to enjoy the feeling of immersion.
These game controllers are equipped with symmetrical joysticks so that the wireless remote control can be held comfortably in your hands, even during hours of play.
Wireless Connection and Common Sharing
These switch controllers work with Bluetooth within 10 meters. It is stable and has a solid design for smooth functions. It supports four people to play at the same time, perfect for parties and family fun.
Best Nintendo Switch Lite Controllers
- Wireless Pro Controller for Switch/Switch Lite, Motion Control Compatible with Nintendo Pro Controller – Check Price
- Wireless Switch Pro Controller for Nintendo, Remote Pro Controller Gamepad, Joystick for Nintendo Switch Console, Supports Gyro Axis, Turbo and Dual Vibration and Compatible with Switch Lite (Blue+Red) – Check Price
- YHT Wireless Joypad Controller for Nintendo Switch, Replacement Joy-Con with Redesigned Ergonomic Hand Grip Comfortable Handheld Gamepad Remote(Purple&Yellow) – Check Price
- 8Bitdo Sn30 Pro+ Bluetooth Gamepad (Sn Edition) – Nintendo Switch – Check Price
- 8Bitdo Sn30 Pro+ Bluetooth Gamepad (Black Edition) – Nintendo Switch – Check Price
- PDP Gaming Faceoff Deluxe + Audio Wired Controller Faceplate: Purple Camo – Nintendo Switch – Check Price
- PDP Gaming Faceoff Deluxe + Audio Wired Controller Faceplate: Red Camo – Nintendo Switch – Check Price
- PowerA Enhanced Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch – Black – Check Price
- PowerA Enhanced Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch – Mario Pop (Only at Amazon) – Check Price
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use a Controller on Nintendo Switch Lite?
Switch Lite still has the same functionality as the classic Nintendo Switch when it comes to wireless controllers. You can connect a pair of Joy-cons or any Nintendo Switch controller to Switch Lite. It is the only way to experience HD shake or shake controls when playing Switch Lite.
Does Switch Lite Come with Separate Joy-Cons or Pro Controls?
The Joy-Cons and the Nintendo Switch Pro Console are purchased individually. We understand that this can be frustrating. However, we believe it’s worth it if you primarily favor portable games. However, have a soft spot for games that require motion controls.
Does Switch Lite only Play Handheld Games?
The Nintendo Switch Lite is intended for games that can be played with remote control. If a game does not allow handheld mode, Switch Lite can still be used to play it. You must connect a compatible controller such as Joy-Cons or Pro Controller to play these tracks.
Can you use a PS4 controller on Switch Lite?
With the Nintendo Switch Lite, you can use a Pro Remote. While the Nintendo Switch Lite is only designed for handheld mode, you can still use the same control accessories, including the Pro Controller and separate pairs of Joy-Cons.
Can you Use Switch Lite as a Controller for Smash?
Up to eight players can compete with a Nintendo Switch console.
- Select Smash from the main menu, then select smash again.
- Let player 1 adjusts the matching options as desired until he reaches the character selection screen.
- Choose the form of controls for each player (a single Joy-Con, a pair of Joy-Con controls, a Pro Controller, or a GameCube controller are all options).
- After defining the controls for each player, let each player choose their fighter.
- When all the warriors are ready, select Ready for the battle to start the fight.
Can you Connect Xbox Controller to Switch Lite?
Can you use an Xbox One, Xbox Series X, or Xbox Series S controller (or PlayStation 4 controller) on a Nintendo Switch? The answer is yes. However, it would help if you used an affordable USB adapter from MayFlash.
- First, connect the MayFlash Magic NS to one of the Switch’s USB ports.
- Click on the settings menu at the bottom of the Switch’s home screen.
- Go to Controllers and Sensors and enable wired communication with the Pro Controller.
- Go back and select Change grip/order.
- Ensure that the Nintendo Switch Joycons controllers assign a controller by pressing both triggers shown here.